Apple Cranberry Cobbler
Sweet Category Finalist in Tree Top's America's Secret Ingredient Recipe Contest. Created by Wolfgang H. of West Palm Beach, FL
- 1 cup Tree Top Frozen Concentrate Apple Juice
- 2 Tbsp unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 6 inch medium sized tart apples such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored and cut lengthwise into ½thick slices
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or frozen and thawed
- 3 large egg whites
- ½ cup Tree Top Frozen Concentrate Apple Juice
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk
- ½ cup rolled old-fashioned oats
- Position a rack in center of oven and preheat to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl whisk apple juice concentrate, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger until the flour is dissolved. Place apple slices in an 8x11 inch baking dish, pour in the apple juice concentrate mixture and toss. Bake until apples are crisp and tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in the cranberries. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites in a grease free bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Add apple juice concentrate and beat to stiff peaks.
- In another medium bowl, combine flour, dry milk and oats. Add egg whites. Use a rubber spatula to fold all together for a batter. Use a large spoon and drop 6 portions of the batter evenly over the fruit mixture.
- Return cobbler to the oven and bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. 25 minutes. Serve the cobbler.
Try serving with fat free vanilla sorbet or cranberry-apple sherbet.