Chicken Apple Onion Pizza
As seen on Lifetime TV's The Balancing Act, and a top contender in Tree Top's America's Secret Ingredient Recipe Contest. The apples give this pizza a great flavor. Description: Created by J. Hanavan of Alameda, CA
- ½ cup Tree Top Apple Sauce Naturally Sweetened
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken apple sausages fully cooked
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pizza crust favorite pre made
- Slice and chop onion.
- Heat olive oil in heavy skillet and add onions, sugar, and sea salt. Cook for 10 minutes on high, may need to reduce heat to low. Stir often. Caramelize the onions, and remove from heat.
- Pizza Sauce: In a blender or mini food processor add the apple sauce, half of the caramelized onions, garlic clove pressed or finely minced, curry powder, black pepper.
- Slice the chicken apple sausages and lightly brown in a skillet.
- Assemble Pizza: Spread sauce, place browned sausages, the other remaining half of the caramelized onions, and grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 450° directly on oven rack for 11 minutes. Let cool and serve.