Creamy Maple Pan Seared Apples
As seen on Lifetime TV's The Balancing Act Fabulous served as a healthy dessert!
- 2 pounds Pink Lady apples washed (approximately 6 medium apples, Pink Lady or other variety of your choice)
- ½ tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup Tree Top Pure Pressed 3 Apple Blend Juice
- 8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese cut into 8 pieces
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- Using a paring knife, cut each apple in quarters and then cut and remove core and peel. Cut each quarter apple in 3 slices.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil on HIGH. Place apples and maple syrup in skillet; turn heat to MEDIUM-HIGH, and sauté for 4 minutes. Pour apple juice over apples, cover, increase heat to HIGH and cook for 10 minutes. Remove lid; add cream cheese chunks, and constantly stir until cream cheese has melted. (Be patient, the cheese will melt!)
- Reduce heat to SIMMER, stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg and serve. If sauce needs to be thinned, add additional Tree Top Apple Juice.
Enjoy over waffles, pancakes, or as a side dish with pork or poultry.