3 Apple Blend Pepper Jelly
A smooth and tasty addition to sandwiches or pork. A great homemade condiment.
- ½ cup fresh jalapeno peppers chopped
- ½ cup fresh red jalapeno peppers chopped
- ½ cup fresh habanera peppers chopped
- 3 ½ cups Tree Top Pure Pressed 3 Apple Blend Juice
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 - 1 ¾ oz package fruit pectin
- Combine juice and peppers in a 6 or 8 quart sauce pan. Gradually stirring in fruit pectin. Add up to ½ teaspoon butter or margarine to reduce foaming. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil, a boil that can not be stirred down over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve.. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 2 minutes, stirring constantly. remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot mixture into sterilized jars, one at a time, leaving ¼ inch head space. Clean rim and threads of jars using a clean, damp cloth to remove any residue.
- Center hot lids on jars. Apply band and adjust until fingertip tight. Process filled jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude if necessary.
- Remove jars from canner and set upright on towel to cool, undisturbed, for 12 to 24 hours. Remove bands for storage. Unsealed jars may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yields 8 (8oz) ½ pints.