Apple & Onion Soup
A warm & flavorful soup.
- ¾ cup Tree Top Frozen Concentrate Apple Juice thawed
- 3 cups green apples diced (approximately 3 medium Granny Smith apples)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions halved, thinly sliced
- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 12 large thyme sprigs
- Optional soup toppings: Croutons parmesan cheese, fresh thyme (chopped)
- Melt butter with oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and apples; sauté until soft and dark brown, about 20 minutes. Add chicken broth, apple juice concentrate, and thyme sprigs. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; season with salt and pepper. Simmer soup, uncovered, 25 minutes. Discard thyme sprigs. Divide among 6 soup bowls.
If desired, garnish with croutons, Parmesan cheese, thyme, and serve.