Cheddar Apple Brie Soup
Rich and creamy and wonderful with warm bread for a nice fall meal.
- 16 cups green apples diced (approximately 16 medium Granny Smith apples)
- 1 cup Tree Top Frozen Concentrate Apple Juice thawed
- 1 cup butter
- 3 large yellow onions
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 19.6 oz round of Brie cheese rind removed and cheese torn into small pieces
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large stock pot; add apples and onion. Sauté, stirring occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes. Add chicken broth; bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Place mixture in blender; purée until smooth. Return mixture to the pot; stir in Cheddar cheese, Brie cheese, apple juice concentrate and heavy cream. Heat until cheeses melt and soup is smooth and hot. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve hot with warm bread if desired.