Doc's Beef or Brisket Rub
This rub from award-winning BBQ Doc Hawkins of the WETSU team is sure to kick-up your beef or brisket and delight your guests with the best BBQ! Meat seasoned with the Doc's harmonious blend" of special spices and then rubbed into the meat with Tree Top apple juice will create some mouth-watering BBQ - prepared like a pro!
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- ¼ cup kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oriental mustard dry
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons course ground black pepper
- Tree Top 100% Apple Juice
- Mix all dry ingredients well. Rub thoroughly on brisket or heavy beef. Use fresh spray bottle with Tree Top Apple Juice to spray down all dry ingredients on meat. Rub in thoroughly again because the apple juice activates the dry spices. Allow to marinate 4 to 6 hours or overnight if possible. Keep refrigerated.
- Cook on smoker or any indirect heat for 6 to 8 hours or until internal temperature reaches 192 F. Smoker or grill temperature 225 F to 240 F.