Easy Cranberry Stuffing
This will be a holiday favorite with the colorful cranberries and apples adding flavor to this stuffing.
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup Tree Top 100% Apple Juice
- 3 medium celery stalks chopped (1½ cups), with leaves
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1½ teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups toasted bread cubes unseasoned
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 10 to 14 oz. chicken broth
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add apple juice, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, celery and onion, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Pour over bread cubes and dried cranberries in large bowl and toss. Gradually add chicken broth while tossing until all bread crumbs become moist (up to 14 oz. of broth) Place in greased 3-quart casserole or rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.