Taste the difference apple sauce makes in your brownies! These brownies are made with apple sauce and are so moist & delicious.
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup Tree Top Apple Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chopped pecans optional
- Powdered sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking dish. Mix together butter, sugar, apple sauce, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Add the apple sauce mixture; stir to combine. Optional: Stir in pecans. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan. Slice into squares.
Sprinkle tops with powdered sugar before serving.