Perfect Apple Pie
Nothing beats a fresh piece of warm apple pie with ice cream.
- 6 or 7 golden delicious apples
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup Tree Top Apple Sauce
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Pastry for 2-crust 9-inch pie
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Pare apples and slice thin. Combine sugar, flour, spices and salt. Mix with apples and apple sauce. Line 9" pie plate with pastry. Fill with apple mixture. Dot with butter. Adjust top crust. Sprinkle with sugar for sparkle. Bake at 400ºF for 50 minutes or until done.
If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.