Rosy Upside-Down Cake
Fun because of its rosy red topping, delicious because of the apple sauce. A fun variation of the traditional upside-down cake.
- 2 cups Tree Top Apple Sauce
- 1 (6 oz) package strawberry-flavor gelatin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (8 oz) carton vanilla-flavor yogurt
- Pour apple sauce into greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan; set aside. Combine gelatin and cinnamon; sprinkle over apple sauce. Prepare cake mix according to package directions substituting yogurt for eggs and oil. Pour batter over apple sauce mixture. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; invert onto serving platter and cool.