Spiced Apple Wontons with a Caramel Drizzle
A perfect apple filled treat.
- 1 cup Tree Top Apple Sauce
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ tbsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup baking walnuts
- 24 wonton wrappers
- ½ cup + 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine the Tree Top Apple Sauce, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Stir in walnuts and blend well.
- Remove the wonton wrappers from the packaging and sprinkle 3 tbsp. of sugar over both sides of the wonton wrappers. Take a small spoonful of the apple sauce mixture and place it in the middle of the wonton wrapper. Fold the wonton according to package directions. Repeat until all wontons are made.
- Place wontons on a greased cookie sheet. Before baking, spray cooking spray over the wontons (this will help them turn golden brown). Bake the wontons for approximately 8 minutes, until the edges brown.
- Over moderately high heat, boil remaining ½ cup of sugar. When all the sugar crystals have melted (should be brown in color), whisk in butter. Whisk until butter is melted. Once butter is melted, remove from pan. Count to 3 and add heavy whipping cream, whisking constantly until caramel sauce is smooth.
Drizzle caramel sauce over wontons. Serve any remaining caramel sauce as "dip".