Sweet 'n Sour Red Cabbage
A colorful healthy side dish, with zero suger, zero cholesterol and low carbohydrates.
- 1 Walla Walla Sweet onion chopped
- 1 large head red cabbage chopped or finely shredded
- ½ cup white apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- 2-3 diced apples peeled and diced
- 1 cup Tree Top 100% Apple Juice
- 1 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Sauté onion until brown in large stock pot. Chop cabbage fine like coleslaw and add to mixture, toss to coat. Add vinegar, apples and lemon juice and toss well to keep the cabbage from loosing its color. Add apple juice and enough water to keep mixture from scorching while cooking, cover. Cook on low until tender but do not overcook. Adjust seasoning. Serve hot or cold.
Flavor is best the 2nd day. Can be served hot or cold. Freezes well. Served best with pork dishes.