Triple Moist Triple Chocolate Cake
Sweet Category Finalist in Tree Top's America's Secret Ingredient Recipe Contest. Created by Joni H. of Rocklin, CA
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups Powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1-2 tsp. skim milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two (9-inch) cake pans with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, cocoa, sugar, soda, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, beat milk, yogurt, applesauce, vanilla, egg whites and apple juice. Pour this mixture into flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife tests clean when inserted in center of cakes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- To make frosting, beat cream cheese until fluffy, then beat in remaining ingredients; frost cake.
This is wonderful alone, but also great with vanilla ice cream.